Watched Bunty Aur Babli over the weekend. I loved it! The concept is simple - the guy and the girl are both from small town India and have dreams of making it big. Both have a fight with the parents and they leave their town looking for the 'big time'.
The guy is a little more enterprising and always has some or the other 'scheme' to pitch. After being stabbed in the back in some town, he decides to take the short cut to riches. He teams up with this woman who is also looking to be famous, and executes one con job after another.
After a while, it becomes addictive and they keep on doing it, more for the kick of it than for sheer need. Abhishek Bacchan has done a good job in playing his part. Rani was sort of relegated to the back.
Amitabh is the cop who is after them, but has no idea what they look like or who they are. Finally he catches up with them minutes after they decide to give it all up and return to their home town. After listening to the two argue over what's next for them and their newly born child, Amitabh feels sorry and lets them go away.
Ultimately, the two of them are hired to work for the Government to avoid such scams in the future.
Good fun throughout the movie, including some funny statements made by Abhishekh. That makkha and makkhi joke by Amitabh threw me off my chair.
A lot of dialogs between Amitabh and Abhishekh had references to their real-life relationship of father and son, which was interesting.
Aishwarya's item number was good, though I am not sure why she did it. Rani was wasted except for the last part where she makes Abhishekh realize that they have to stop.
In the end, it was not bad watching the film on a Saturday night from the second row! I am sure I would have slept in Parineeta :-)
Hotline update: Details on new website
-
After 10 years in this space, after thousands of posts and incalculable
amounts of outrage generated – plus, hopefully, a few morsels of insight –
the Ho...
10 years ago








3 comments:
A couple of our friends saw it before us and said it was pathetic and that we should not go. But we still went because we had some company. It ended up well. Glad I saw it.
That song is good, and to me, Aishwarya looked good too. But the wife and the other guys who came with us said that she is good playing the goody-goody roles only, not the "dancer" she was portraying. Oh well. I enjoyed the song.
As for Parineeta, yea, it looks good but I am sure if we had gone for a 9pm show for Parineeta I would have dozed off somewhere around 9.30pm! :-)
Turns out that with B aur B, one either likes it a lot or one doesn't like it at all. You are from the former group and I from the latter. See my views on the movie (and few others) at http://rdfan.blogspot.com/2005/06/few-hindi-films-that-i-saw-recently.html
I found out a couple of days back that Parineeta is running at a theater closer to home than the major one where most movies play.
Had planned to watch it this weekend. Not sure about it though - a packed social weekend coming up.
And the next one.
And the one after the next.
Man, I am NOT looking forward to it :-(
Post a Comment